Shoulder resurfacing is a superior alternative to shoulder replacement surgery. It is a surgical procedure that allows patients to retain much of their natural tissue, by replacing only the diseased part of the joint instead of the entire joint. Shoulder Resurfacing is less traumatic, less invasive and more bone preserving procedure. The results of shoulder resurfacing is far better than conventional Shoulder Replacement
Advantages of Shoulder Resurfacing
- Restoration of normal anatomy.
- Less traumatic surgery.
- No risk of fat embolus.
- Resurfacing can be done even if the bone is deformed.
- Normal loading of the bone.
- No stress riser effect.
- No risk of fracture at the tip of the prosthesis.
- Range of movements better than shoulder replacement.
- Easy revision surgery if needed.
Indications for shoulder Resurfacing
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Avascular necrosis
- Rotator cuff arthropathy
- Instability arthropathy
- Post trauma arthritis